25 May 2007

Bosnian-weekend

Aha, so I seem to have problems talking about myself in therapy, I mean talking about non-specific things, just out of the blue.
Today I decided to confront my therapist or myself, I really don’t know which one of us.
So I came up with this great metaphor describing the feeling of being in therapy sessions with him.
The conversation went something like this:

Therapist: Is there sometime special today that makes you unwilling to talk?
Me: No, I feel like this every time I’m here, but now I have come to a point where I’m tired of it, I thought you should know.
Therapist: Ok, but you know you don’t have to talk, it’s ok.

(Silence for about 10 min)

Therapist: Has it to do with the fact that I give you the bill at the start of this session today that makes you unwilling to talk?
Me: LOOK, it’s like this, I feel like we are throwing a ball between us, I always begin throwing it to you, and you throw it back but not with enough strength so the ball lands somewhere in front of me, and I have to go pick it up, get back in the line and throw it again. I’m tired of it, it’s no fun anymore.
Therapist: Aha….. but this ball thing, as I know your past with balls (referring to my time as a elite basketball player), does this have to do with some kind of competition, instead of a game?
Me: Hahah, competition, oh no, no competition, haha……

(Silence again for 5 min, me thinking, “God such an idiot, why is he so lame? “)

Me: No, it’s not a competition and it sure is not a game.
Therapist: Oh, but what it is then?
Me: It is a process (you fkn idiot).

My problem right now is all the things with school I have to finish, and that I dream myself away all the time, I’m still in Bosnia.
Good for me I’m having a Bosnia-weekend, I’m off to pick up Biljana soon. Tomorrow we’ll be going to a Bosnian concert with Bijelo Dugme. And there’ll be thousands of Bosnians there, thousands of people I can pick on tomorrow.


9 comments:

Emre Kızılkaya said...

it's like a Dr Katz episode:)

Anonymous said...

Taj terapeut lud neki majke mi, ne isao ja kod njega...:) Avaj, fino se provedi veceras, dobro pofataj, sta vec..:) Radim cijeli jebeni dan, a veceras imamo utakmicu (fudbal) svi s posla... Ajd ljubim seljanko..:)

Anonymous said...

Darling..

Seems like the process is kind of lame. He's not giving you enough response. And from what I hear, he's barely touching the balls you throw at him, he just wants to watch you juggle. Why would you like to juggle and "do acrobatics" to a quiet audience I ask? Sounds empty and boring. Like pouring your soul into a black hole.. ...Still I can't help to have a thought, maybe he believes the answers are in you and not in him? That it some way, you have not yet learned to juggle on your own, and that's the process he wants to happen?

I bet you had tons of fun this weekend! I mean, when I went with you to Halids concert, it was like coming to bosnia all together! The music, the people, the language.. Amazing, and it must have been great! Like a semiBosnia all over again!:)

What do you say about meeting tomorrow to study for the congress? I think I'm taking it waaay to easy.. Seriously!

Gotta go, love ya!

kathryn merteuil said...

emre,
im not familiar with dr katz, but it sure is crazy.

capricorn
seljaku jedan, onaj ides samnom kod psihologa bake mi...! :)

evelin
hm, cant you be "my PERSON" please? things like this is for "the person" to solve. :) SERIOUSLY.

Anonymous said...

Ma jok, ni mrtav bre. Vozdraa... Ljubim seljanko....i onaj....megava tu

Anonymous said...

Cutiepie, you didn't have to ask, that is something you can take for granted!!! We'll figure something out.. ;) Talk to you soon!

Luvidub!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Du är så rolig =) Du kommer bli en bra och benhård skrynklare när du är klar! Det är jag säker på =)

kathryn merteuil said...

ja du.... vem som helst kan bli bättre än min psykolog....

Anonymous said...

Haha tja en tystnad kan ju säga mer än 1000 ord.. Men kanske inte hos en psykolog =) Jag kanske kan hoppa mitt klädpackande och knäcka extra som olegitimerad psykolog i höst då? ;)